Re: Extended attribute grammar too complex?

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 17:18:36 +0100
To: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Cc: public-script-coord@w3.org
On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 11:15 PM, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org> wrote:

> I've been looking at the extended attribute syntax and I wonder if it
> isn't just too complex.
>
> Rules 61-66 and 68 define a somewhat elaborate construction in which
> extended attributes can be built using nested parentheses, brackets, etc.
>
> In practice however that never seems to be used, and only rules 86-89
> (which are much simpler) ever seem to be used.

I'm using a [Documentation] EA for self-documentating IDL. It is desirable
to provide Documentation on constructors, also defined using EAs, so I have
a number of cases of:

[Documentation="..."
 [Documentation="..."]
 Constructor(...)
]

so it is not the case that this more general syntax isn't being used

indeed, i'm using a modified version of your own WebIDL.js code, to which I
posted a pull request to you four months ago to pick up this support

[1]
https://github.com/darobin/webidl.js/pulls?direction=desc&page=1&sort=created&state=open