TPAC F2F DOM2 Selectors API review

From: Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 10:36:49 +0100
To: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Cc: Erik Aarvidson <arv@google.com>, odinho@opera.com, Yehuda Katz <wycats@gmail.com>, Mark Miller <erights@google.com>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>
Hi Everyone,

So today at TPAC there was a brief discussion about Selectors 2 -- and good
news, everybody! We've settled on "find", "findAll", and "matches"!

The return type is still the issue, however, and I proposed the following
today:

   - We specify the DOM APIs which vend node lists which must be immutable
   or mutated only by DOM (a.k.a. "live node lists") from existing APIs as
   either seal()/freeze() instances or as Proxies. That allows the vending
   APIs to maintain the invariants regardless of what NodeList as a class does
   - We define NodeList as a constructable class which derives from Array,
   is mutable by default, etc.

Any obvious holes?

Regards