Re: Spec for location object needs to make some properties unforgeable; need supporting WebIDL changes

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 09:58:42 +1000
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: whatwg <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>
Boris Zbarsky:
> So we have indications that making everything on this
> interface unforgeable is sufficiently web-compatible.

OK.  I propose then that we allow [Unforgeable] on the interface, which
means:

* attributes get own, non-configurable accessor properties (with setters
if they are not readonly attributes), and no property on the prototype
* operations get own, non-configurable, non-writable properties, and no
property on the prototype
* the stringifier gets an own, non-configurable, non-writable toString
property, and no property on the prototype
* there is an own, non-configurable, non-writable valueOf property that
just returns this

I think that's the least amount of crazy.

This would make Location.prototype empty.  Is that OK?