Re: "var" declarations shadowing properties from Window.prototype

From: Brendan Eich <brendan@mozilla.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 13:31:18 -0700
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: Brandon Benvie <brandon@brandonbenvie.com>, public-script-coord@w3.org, es-discuss@mozilla.org
Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 8/12/12 3:02 PM, Brandon Benvie wrote:
>> An even more interesting scenario is something like `global.__proto__ =
>> Proxy.create(....)`
>
> That's basically what the Global Scope Polluter does.  That's
> certainly how I plan to implement it in Gecko in the WebIDL bindings:
> Window.prototype.__proto__ will be a proxy which will do all the weird
> stuff the GSP has to do.

However, check me here: the GSP makes "own" global properties on demand,
when names of DOM elements that come from name= and id= attributes (or
just id=? I forget) are used as identifier expressions.

So at least the GSP is not adding a new tier of proto-properties (again,
I hope! Please correct me if I'm mistaken).

/be