Re: "var" declarations shadowing properties from Window.prototype

From: Brendan Eich <brendan@mozilla.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 12:35:53 -0700
To: Brandon Benvie <brandon@brandonbenvie.com>
CC: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, public-script-coord@w3.org, es-discuss@mozilla.org
Brandon Benvie wrote:
> An even more interesting scenario is something like `global.__proto__
> = Proxy.create(....)`

Yes, I mentioned proxies on the global's proto-chain (and mutable
__proto__) up-thread, here:

https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2012-August/024483.html

Quote: "We had problems with var being sensitive to the prototype chain,
particularly with proxies prototyped in SpiderMonkey and mutable
__proto__. These were arguably implementation bugs, though."

Older thread from January:

https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2012-January/019807.html

/be