Re: "var" declarations shadowing properties from Window.prototype

On 8/11/12 10:57 PM, Brendan Eich wrote:
> I think WebIDL and interface-based method definition made onload, e.g., predefined on
> window objects, or more recently on Window.prototype. Was this useful?

It's required for web compat, as I said earlier in this thread.  They
_could_ perhaps be predefined as data properties set to null, but data
properties which have as a side effect of setting them to a function
object the registration of an event listener... which starts to look a
lot like an accessor property to me.