Re: [Webidl] Remove links to ECMASCript PDF document

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 16:02:33 +0000
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Cc: public-script-coord <public-script-coord@w3.org>

On Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 6:36 AM, Cameron McCormack wrote:

> Marcos Caceres:
> > For the sake of accessibility, and usability, and sanity of those
> > that need to use this spec on a daily basis, could I kindly request
> > that all references in WebIDL to ECMAScript be changed to point to:
> >
> > http://es5.github.com/
>
> I've added that link in the References section, but did not remove the
> PDF link. Whereever I've referenced particular sections or definitions
> from ECMA-262, I've now linked directly to the relevant section on
> es5.github.com (http://es5.github.com).

Really, thanks for this! Web karma+++ for you :)

The ES guys promised to put discussing a HTML version on their agenda for this month. Hopefully they will just take es5.github.com (or contribute directly to it there). Then we all win: they can make their PDF and .doc (gasp!) files, and we get our nice, linkable, searchable, always up to date, HTMLs :)

--
Marcos Caceres