[Webidl] Remove links to ECMASCript PDF document

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 14:59:10 +0000
To: public-script-coord <public-script-coord@w3.org>
As the ECMAScript spec is a PDF document, it's really annoying trying to find the sections mentioned in the spec.... And PDFs are generally a pain to view/search in a Web browser, as they are designed for print, etc.

For the sake of accessibility, and usability, and sanity of those that need to use this spec on a daily basis, could I kindly request that all references in WebIDL to ECMAScript be changed to point to:

http://es5.github.com/

Yes, it's not "authoritative" - but who gives a crap about "authority" if it will make WebIDL more useful to those that need to use it every day!

I've started a petition to hopefully get ECMA to stop publishing the ECMAScript spec in an inaccessible, unlinkable, proprietary format in favor of HTML:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/html-version-of-ecmascript-5-now/

There is absolutely no excuse for ECMA to not publish a HTML version: specially when they can just take http://es5.github.com/ wholesale and slap their logo on it.

Kind regards,
Marcos