Re: Numeric constants vs enumerated strings

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:58:05 +0100, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
wrote:
> Can't we have our cake and eat it too? If we really want to favor
> consistency on the scripting side (not implementation), we could let
> HTMLMediaElement.readyState and XMLHttpRequest.readyState return magic
> objects that compare true both to their string and their numeric
> constants. It might have to toString to the number, though...

That sounds somewhat messy.

In any event, Document.readyState already returns a string (and not even
because we designed it that way, because it so happened to be in
Microsoft's implementation), so the inconsistency is already there.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/