Re: RfC: pre-LC comments for Web IDL; deadline January 17

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 12:21:36 +0100
To: "Arthur Barstow" <art.barstow@nokia.com>, "Marcos Caceres" <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>
Cc: public-script-coord <public-script-coord@w3.org>
On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 19:31:58 +0100, Marcos Caceres
<marcosscaceres@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 3 January 2012 at 14:48, Arthur Barstow wrote:
>
>> I prefer the additional review period (shorter than YA LC review)
>> especially since, as you noted, the changes since the last publication
>> are substantive.
>
> Ah ok, I see. If I understand correctly, you would like to avoid
> multiple Last Calls, while I'm assuming there will be at least a couple
> more. Maybe just publish as an ordinary working draft for a few more
> rounds? That, at least, gets rid of the very stale version on /TR/ more
> rapidly and avoids the LC overhead.

Yeah, I think that is probably a good practice.

AFAIK publishing normal working drafts actually has pretty low overhead,
and we should stop being so scared of it. (If that isn't the case we shuld
work out why and how to make it so...)

cheers

     je parle français -- hablo español -- jeg kan litt norsk