RE: variable declarations shadowing named properties on window

From: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 18:32:34 +0000
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>, Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen@wirfs-brock.com>, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Jeff Walden <jwalden@mit.edu>
>From: Boris Zbarsky [mailto:bzbarsky@MIT.EDU]
>
>On 1/6/12 1:16 PM, Travis Leithead wrote:
>> It seems like moving the GSP functionality to the prototype should only
>happen for
>> [ReplaceableNamedProperties] and only for named properties (not indexed
>properties).
>
>Why not indexed properties, for the window case?  What's the benefit of
>keeping indexed properties on the window itself?  There's at least one
>drawback: it complicates implementation a good bit, at least in Gecko.

I am just suggesting a less-invasive spec change--no other particular reason.