Re: Question about implements statements

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 10:15:35 -0400
To: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
CC: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>
On 6/20/12 4:16 AM, Travis Leithead wrote:
> and I really don't feel strongly about these being separate instances

I actually do.  Having them be the same instance involves a lot of
complexity at least in Gecko's WebIDL implementation, and I really don't
see what the web-facing use cases of that would be.  Of course I don't
even see what the web-facing use cases are for this part:

>     * B.prototype.f.call(a) succeeds
>
>     * B.prototype.f.call(c) succeeds
>
>     * A.prototype.f.call(b) succeeds

so maybe I'm just being blind?  ;)