Re: [idl] static attributes

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 08:19:27 +0200
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Cc: public-script-coord@w3.org
On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 8:16 AM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren:
>> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/notifications/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#notification
>
> Not permitted just because there weren't any requests for them at the time I
> added static.  Looks reasonable; I guess you don't want to add it onto the
> navigator object or some other singleton instance.

Correct. That was the previous more generically applicable design, but
we wanted to scope this tightly to Notification in part to make it
clear it should not just be copied and used elsewhere. (An explicit
API for asking permission is generally a big no-no, but there was no
other way here that met all requirements.)

--
Anne — Opera Software
http://annevankesteren.nl/