Re: announcing normative ECMAScript specification in HTML

From: Jason Orendorff <jason.orendorff@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 12:36:52 -0500
To: Axel Rauschmayer <axel@rauschma.de>
Cc: Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen@wirfs-brock.com>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>, Istvan Sebestyen <istvan@ecma-international.org>, es-discuss <es-discuss@mozilla.org>
On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Axel Rauschmayer <axel@rauschma.de> wrote:
> Great! Suggestion: one file per chapter (faster, especially on mobile
> devices).
>
> The TOC either in its own file or before the copyright information would be
> more convenient, too. I'd expect it to always be the starting point for
> browsing the spec.

Yes! I agree we want both all-one-page and chapter-per-page versions
of the spec. I just want to point out that everyone is free to
implement this. The code is here:

  https://github.com/jorendorff/es-spec-html

It sounds easy. I wish I could commit to tackling it myself, but I
feel I should probably focus on other things, like getting the table
formatting right, which probably no one else wants to do.

-j