Re: [Public WebGL] Should WebGLContextAttributes be a callback interface?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 22:27:42 -0400
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
CC: Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com>, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>, public_webgl@khronos.org, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>
> Another problem is that a callback interface can't be used as the return
> type of getContextAttributes().

Hmm.  Why not?  There's definitely nothing in the spec about that, and
it's not clear to me why one couldn't have a function returning an
instance of a callback interface in general....

(Not that I have an objection to using dictionaries here, I don't think;
just trying to understand the overall implications.)

-Boris