Re: Unrestricted float

On Sat, 07 Apr 2012 01:19:20 +0200, Brendan Eich <brendan@mozilla.org>
wrote:
> Just as a point of sane engineering in the large over multiple past
> dependent specs, why were the meanings of float and double changed,
> rather than adding 'restricted float' and 'restricted double' types?

Because when this was added the evaluation was that most specifications
would want restricted semantics (and had not considered Nan/Infinity). I'm
not sure Hixie is correct that everything in HTML should change, I think
it is mostly (if not only) the canvas related members.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/