Re: Unrestricted float

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 18:23:23 -0400
To: public-script-coord@w3.org, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
On 4/6/12 6:16 PM, Marcos Caceres wrote:
>> I don't understand the question. What's the context here?
>
> Sorry about lack of context, we are trying to make sure that every type in the WebIDL is being used by at least one Web Platform spec. We were wondering if any spec is using  the type "unrestricted double" (and in particular, if Canvas depends on it)?

More precisely, the 'float' and 'double' types in WebIDL have been
redefined to throw on non-finite floats.  There are now 'unrestricted
float' and 'unrestricted double' types for cases where non-finite floats
should be passed through to the underlying method.

Which means that every single case where canvas is supposed to do
"nothing" on non-finite floats or doubles need to be using the
unrestricted versions.  Clearly 'unrestricted float' is needed.  The
question is whether 'unrestricted double' is needed.

-Boris