Re: [WebIDL] Make [AllowAny] the default?

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:38:35 +1100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>, Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
Anne van Kesteren:
> Not sure what is going to happen. Do we actually have float or DOMString
> somewhere? Most scenarios I can think of are one or more host objects
> (is that the right term?) versus one ECMAScript type. So if there is
> always only one number, string, or boolean, you can always do the
> appropriate toBoolean(), toNumber(), and toString(). Am I missing
> something?

I don't think we do have float or DOMString anywhere.

I've removed [AllowAny], and now if you overload with a DOMString then
it will be selected if none of the other types match, per
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2011OctDec/0344.html.
  Let me know if this resolution is satisfactory.