Re: [WebIDL] Simplify callbacks

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 04:06:21 +0100, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
wrote:
> I want to try to summarise the arguments we have so far.  Like most
> contentious Web IDL issues, this one revolves around what style we want
> to encourage or allow.  I think it's clear that there is nothing you can
> do with object style or function style callbacks that you can't do with
> the other.

I personally also value simplicity here. If we limit to solely functions
callbacks become much easier than when you have to learn the signature for
each. And if we have to support handleEvent for compatibility, so be it.
Also, many thanks for doing the analysis!

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/