Re: [WebIDL] Remove string constants

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 15:22:42 +0100
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Cc: public-script-coord@w3.org
Hi Cameron,

Le lundi 12 décembre 2011 à 15:49 +1100, Cameron McCormack a écrit :
> On 9/12/11 9:12 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> But indeed there isn't any concrete need for string constants currently,
> so OK, they're gone.
>
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/WebIDL/Overview.xml.diff?r1=1.417;r2=1.418;f=h

Note that this change also removes default values for DOMString
dictionary members — is that intended?

If it is, the example in the spec should be updated; if (as I suspect),
it isn't, the production for DefaultValue needs to integrate what used
to be the production for string values in ConstValue.

Dom