Re: [WebIDL] Remove string constants

> Strings are intrinsically meaningful and therefore have no need for
> constants in APIs for the platform. See XMLHttpRequest.responseType and
> the <canvas> 2D API for examples. We should remove string constants so
> people (e.g. public-web-perf) will not use them and introduce
> inconsistent APIs.

This sounds like an argument against string constants used for enum-like
values.  (We already convinced the Web Perf folks not to use string
constants in this case.)  What about something like:

   interface A {
     const DOMString HTMLNS = "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
   };

There are no string constants currently like this (a convenience because
people have difficulty remembering such strings), so my question is
whether we want to disallow them.