Re: What type should .findAll return

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:59:46 -0800
To: Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com>
Cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen@wirfs-brock.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com> wrote:
> Right, but I'm saying: why create yet more "stuff" in the DOM?
>
>  findAll will return a "NodeArray" while querySelectorAll and friends return static and live NodeLists? No thanks.

I'm not sure what you would prefer.  Make findAll return an Array? (We
miss out on a *lot* of cool and useful stuff we could do.)  Make
findAll return immutable live NodeLists? (Ditto, but for different
reasons.)  Change qSA to return a NodeArray or Array? (Would be nice,
but probably not doable for compat reasons.)

~TJ