Re: [WebIDL] Simplify callbacks

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 11:04:42 +0100
Cc: public-script-coord@w3.org, "Olli Pettay" <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>, olli@pettay.fi
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
On Nov 9, 2011, at 17:05 , Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 09:30:04 -0700, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:
>> Well, we discussed this last week and there was rather broad agreement that it was a good idea to enable sensible names... I don't want to rathole, but I'd rather not build a limitation to handleEvent() into WebIDL.
>
> I either missed that discussion or forgot about it. Is it written down somewhere?

The discussion was fast-paced and several people regularly spoke at once, so not all is captured in the minutes, but it's in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011OctDec/0644.html. E.g. around:

AlexRussel: if this is the beginning of having well named properties for
callback objects, that's great