Re: E4H

From: Brendan Eich <brendan@mozilla.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:38:38 -0700
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, public-script-coord@w3.org
To: olli@pettay.fi
On Oct 25, 2011, at 5:31 AM, Olli Pettay wrote:

> We need plenty of use cases and write down requirements before
> adding anything like E4H to the web platform.
>
> I'm not against something like E4H, but before implementing or
> specifying anything like it, it is better to understand what
> kinds of problems we're trying to solve.

Agreed.

Also, quasi-literals should get prototype implementations within the next year in SpiderMonkey and (I hope) V8. Instead of <....> you'd use html`...` or shorter (the 'html' identifier can be renamed and bikeshedded). The ... would be checked in either case, ideally with good error blame coordinates.

/be