Re: All ECMAScript attributes should be non-configurable

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:54, Mark S. Miller <erights@google.com> wrote:
> Regarding the points I make in the rest of my email, do you know of any that
> make use of configurability for AOP *after* initialization, during the
> normal running of the body of the program?

Yes, these things are done during normal program flow. For example by
changing a value property to a getter and setter pair to support
logging and notifications.

However, I think I am mistaken that existing js libraries depends on
this. I was thinking of dojo.connect and how it used to (I'm not sure
if it still does) replace the function with another function. This
does not require the property to be configurable, writable is enough.

--
erik