Re: Non-constructible constructors and Arrays

On 9/09/11 4:45 PM, Alex Russell wrote:
> Wait, why shouldn't I be able to new-up a CharachterData item?

It's more of an abstract interface/class.  There's no DOM Node type that
corresponds to CharacterData.

> And in any case, if the *default* is to want this, why not simply flip
> things the other way, add a new noconstructor attribute or similar?

Flipping the default isn't going to cause useful constructors to exist.
  Specification writers need to write the actual behaviour for these
constructors whether they are implicitly declared or not.  I think the
right thing to do here is just to file bugs on specifications and get
them to add constructors for existing interfaces.  This has already
started happening recently with the Event interfaces.