Re: Removing 'caller' from WebIDL

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 00:50:18 -0400
To: public-script-coord@w3.org
On 8/26/11 12:36 AM, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> I haven't heard of any of the other collection objects that
> currently have callers in the spec being required to be typeof "object"

I would suspect that not doing that would not be web-compatible, as a
gut feeling.

And the third hit on "typeof object" in JavaScript on Google code search
found that the toJSON function in Prototype 1.6.x always returns
undefined for input that has typeof "function" while returning something
quite different for input that has typeof "object".  This discovery did
not help the gut feeling go away.

I didn't read the other ~300000 hits.