Re: [WebIDL] remove modules

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 16:43:36 +0200
Cc: Bryan Sullivan <blsaws@gmail.com>, public-script-coord@w3.org
To: timeless <timeless@gmail.com>
On Aug 23, 2011, at 16:14 , timeless wrote:
> So:
>
> interface WACToaster {...};
> partial interface WACWindow { attribute WACToaster toaster; };
>
> That still pollutes window with WACToaster (interface object), but
> since you shouldn't use instanceof anyway, no one is significantly
> harmed?

I didn't get into the details of the several variants one could use because they have tradeoffs that I don't think are relevant to the point that we can do without modules, but an alternative to the above could be:

[NoInterfaceObject]
interface Toaster {...};
partial interface WACGlobal {
    Toaster gimmeToaster();