Re: [WebIDL] Use of ECMAScript [[Put]] in WebIDL algorithms

Hi Allen.

Thanks for the comment.

On 22/07/11 9:12 AM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
> I spotted the following issue in 4.2.17 of WebIDL.  It may well
> occurs other places too.
> It is for this reason that in the ECMAScript specification we avoid
> using [[Put]] when we specify object construction algorithms like
> this one.  Instead of [[Put]] we use [[DefineOwnProperty]] which will
> create a property without invoking inherited setters.

That makes sense.  I've made the change there and in the correspond
section for sequence values.

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/WebIDL/Overview.html.diff?r1=1.349;r2=1.350;f=h

Could you please indicate whether you are satisfied with this resolution
so that I can include this in the Disposition of Comments document I'll
need to prepare.

Thanks,

Cameron