Re: [WebIDL] remove modules

From: Paddy Byers <paddy.byers@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 23:49:11 +0100
To: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>
Cc: Bryan Sullivan <blsaws@gmail.com>, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, public-webapps@w3.org, public-script-coord <public-script-coord@w3.org>
Hi,

E.g., "The Accelerometer API" and just remove "module" from the title
> and from the WebIDL. I don't think any spec in WAC references any
> other IDL in another module in the way that WebIDL defines... so there
> would be no impact.

WAC does refer to interfaces defined in one module from another module;
however, we have not been using scoped names for these references - we use
the unqualified interface name. More or less every WAC module does this.

However, I did notice that the Webinos draft APIs [1] are referencing
foreign interfaces using scoped names, and I think Dom has been active in
that work - perhaps he can comment?

Paddy

1: http://dev.webinos.org/specifications/draft/