Re: Non-constructible constructors and Arrays

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 17:12:40 -0700
To: "David Flanagan" <dflanagan@mozilla.com>, "Alex Russell" <slightlyoff@google.com>
Cc: "Cameron McCormack" <cam@mcc.id.au>, public-script-coord@w3.org, "Brendan Eich" <brendan@mozilla.com>
On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 15:40:46 -0700, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>
wrote:
> That's OK. Exposing no-arg ctors as a first step does no harm, is no
> worse than current state, and opens the door to exactly this over due
> chunk of spec work.

I do not think this makes sense. E.g. EventSource requires an argument to
its constructor that is needed for it to function. There is no reason for
people be able to create an XMLHttpRequestUpload object. No idea what that
would even do.

If you want interfaces to gain constructors we should do so in a
considered manner. Not having it everywhere and then trying to sort out
the mess.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/