Re: Strict mode callbacks and setTimeout

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 17:15:53 -0400
To: "Mark S. Miller" <erights@google.com>
CC: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen@wirfs-brock.com>, Luke Hoban <lukeh@microsoft.com>, "es5-discuss@mozilla.org" <es5-discuss@mozilla.org>, public-script-coord@w3.org
On 7/8/11 5:10 PM, Mark S. Miller wrote:
>     There is only one task queue per task source for all Windows using the
>     same event loop. So window1 and window2 use the same task queue here.
>

> Cool. Then nothing breaks if we specify that a given setTimeout function
> uses the window from its birth environment, as if it was lexically
> captured?

That's unclear.  While there is only one task queue, the list of active
timeouts is per-window.  And it's not clear what set of algorithms
"started before this one" step 8 of
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/timers.html#dom-windowtimers-settimeout
refers to.  Just within a single event loop?  Or globally across the
entire application?  Or something else?

-Boris