Re: HTML5 spec. seems to unnecessarily ban strict mode event handlers

It would seem to depend upon exactly how the WebIDL ECMAScript binding defines the meaning of:
The Function interface represents a function in the
  scripting language being used. It is represented in IDL as
  follows:

[Callback=FunctionOnly, NoInterfaceObject]
interface Function {
  any call(in any... arguments);
};
The call(...)
  method is the object's callback.

However, I agree that it must be in terms of [[Call]] and not access to the 'call' property.  what does "is the object's callback" actually mean?

Allen