Re: Property enumeration for NodeList, etc.

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:54:38 +1200
To: David Flanagan <dflanagan@mozilla.com>, public-script-coord@w3.org
Cameron McCormack:
> So, clearly we should be enumerating properties from the prototype
> chain.  Also, I think own expando properties should be enumerated
> …
> Just going by the numbers, I think we should make indexed and named
> properties all be enumerated, unless we have compatibility reasons for
> doing otherwise: if someone knows that we definitely can’t enumerate
> everything on certain objects (indexed properties on Window looks like
> a candidate), then I can invent an extended attribute to use to disable
> that.

I’ve done this, which just meant changing that third list item in the
Property Enumeration section to say that own/prototype properties are
enumerated.

I’ve also made the property descriptors for indexed/named properties as
returned by [[GetOwnProperty]] be enumerable (bug 12979).

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/