Re: testing plans for Web IDL

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 22:18:06 +0200
Cc: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>, plh@w3.org, public-script-coord <public-script-coord@w3.org>
To: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
On May 31, 2011, at 10:28 , Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
> I know PLH has a tool that scrapes Web IDL fragments from a number of
> specs; PLH, are the said Web IDL available somewhere? This could be a
> good starting point for identifying which features might not make the x2
> criteria.

FWIW I've been meaning to add a feature to ReSpec to make it possible to save all the WebIDL in it directly. There are now at least two dozen (that I know of) specs using both ReSpec and WebIDL so that should help provide content. It's a fairly easy feature to add so if you think it helpful I can put it at the top of the pile. Also note that for those specs the IDL is the .textContent of all pre with class idl in the spec.