Re: WebIDL editorial bugs

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 10:43:34 +1200
To: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Cc: public-script-coord <public-script-coord@w3.org>
Dominique Hazael-Massieux:
> in 3.7:
> "The following types are known as primitive types: boolean, byte, octet,
> short, unsigned short, long, unsigned long, long long, unsigned long
> long, float and double."
> Shouldn't DOMString be in that list?

I don’t include DOMStrings in the list of primitives because I want to
distinguish them in the overload resolution:

  http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#dfn-distinguishable

> in 3.7.13:
> "There is no way to represent a DOMString constant value in IDL. "
> That's no longer true

Thanks, removed.

> There is no example of Array usage in 3.7.18; it would make sense to add
> one (or link to the one in 4.1.19).

Added a note to add an example later.

> It would be useful to add an example of exception inheritance; for
> instance the one in the mail at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/2010OctDec/0112.html

Yes, good idea.  I added a note for that too.

Thanks,

Cameron

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/