Re: DOMString-like objects for the CSSOM

On 2/19/10 11:06 AM, Mark S. Miller wrote:
> Why make your new object be String-like rather than simply containing a
> string as a member?

I think the reasoning is tat people use |foo.style.top| as a string
right now.  So if we want to allow doing |foo.style.top.px = 200| and at
the same time allow people to treat foo.style.top as a string, then it
needs to be string-like in some sense.

I suspect that just having it toString to the string it is right now is
not sufficient for web compatibility.

> Why use is-a rather than has-a?

Because we're trying to extend a legacy API which currently uses
strings, not designing in a vacuum.