RE: Adoption of the Typed Array Specification

From: Allen Wirfs-Brock <Allen.Wirfs-Brock@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 18:24:03 +0000
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, Erik Arvidsson <erik.arvidsson@gmail.com>
CC: "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>, "es-discuss@mozilla.org" <es-discuss@mozilla.org>
..

> You seem to assume that there is One True usable abstraction layer.  I think
> Allen's point was that depending on what you're trying to do you want different
> abstraction layers.
>
> -Boris

Exactly.  I think it is also reasonable for the basic library that is part of the core language to provide higher level support for the most commonly used abstractions.  Beyond that, the language should focus on low overhead primitives that enable library authors to support more specialized requirements.

Allen