[WebIDL] Static Attributes and Operations

From: Steffen Krüssel <steffen.kruessel@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:35:53 +0100
To: public-script-coord@w3.org
Hi all,

once again I need some clarification on a certain expression, which I can
neither find in the WebIDL Spec nor in the public ML archive. I am writing a
spec that needs static attributes/operations, like for example in:

interface Boolean {
  Boolean valueOf(in boolean value); // <- this should be "static"
}

// With the above IDL both (1) and (2) would be possible?!
// (1) static
var x = Boolean.valueOf(true);
// (2) non-static
var bool = new Boolean();
var x = bool.valueOf(true);

Question: How can I specify an attribute or operation being static? In my
understanding static or non-static makes a big difference and should
therefore be taken into account.

Best Regards
Steffen Krüssel