Re: Binary Data - possible topic for joint session

From: Dean Landolt <dean@deanlandolt.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:44:37 -0500
To: Brendan Eich <brendan@mozilla.com>
Cc: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, public-script-coord@w3.org, es-discuss Steen <es-discuss@mozilla.org>
Just in case some of you weren't aware, the CommonJS group has done quite a
bit of work and (bikeshedding) on this topic. Here's a link to the wiki:

http://wiki.commonjs.org/wiki/Binary

If nothing else there's quite a bit of prior art collected which should
inform the conversation. I know the Binary/B proposal has the implementation
momentum, but I don't know exactly what the status is. I haven't been
closely following the evolution of these binary specs too closely but since
it seems that nearly everyone else from the group is off to jsconf.eu I
figured I ought to toss this out there.