Re: Notes from our WebIDL + ES5 phone chat today...

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 11:19:19 -0400
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
On 10/8/09 1:56 AM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> The way WebKit works is that we consider one inherited interface
> "primary" and delegate to its prototype, but other mixin interfaces are
> flattened into whatever inherits from it. I suggest that behavior is the
> right balance of usefulness and practicality of efficient implementation.

I've seen this exact verbiage before, and I'm not sure I follow.
Specifically, in this inheritance graph:

"a <div>" -> HTMLDivElement -> HTMLElement -> Element -> Node

    ... EventTarget ...

How is EventTarget related to the prototype chain of the <div>?  Which
object are EventTarget's methods "flattened" onto?