Re: HTML standard for scholarly publications ?

We’re still pushing this idea along in a strategic sense. We’ve recently devised a lossless bidirectional transform between JATS and a ScholarlyHTML-like format to try and gain momentum. I think if anything ScholarlyHTML was too early, I’m certain its time will come.

Perhaps the rise in ML and NLP solutions will help? Perhaps that will lead to a structured peer review process that simplifies and enables and end-to-end structured HTML workflow?

-Gareth

From: Kaveh <kaveh@rivervalleytechnologies.com>
Date: Friday, 25 November 2022 at 07:03
To: "Peter (pt) Sefton" <pt@ptsefton.com>
Cc: "Morand, Robin" <robin.morand@szh.ch>, "public-scholarlyhtml@w3.org" <public-scholarlyhtml@w3.org>
Subject: Re: HTML standard for scholarly publications ?
Resent from: <public-scholarlyhtml@w3.org>
Resent date: Friday, 25 November 2022 at 07:03

Hi Peter

I think you were in the group of my friend and colleague, Peter Murray-Rust, who pushed this excellent idea for many years. It is a shame that structured and semantic HTML is not more prevalent, and we have to use AI to guess at the contents!!

We love structured content but keeping the structure in XML, with HTML pushed out as needed.

Regards
Kaveh