Re: Early draft is up

On 18/03/2016 12:36 , Ivan Herman wrote:
>> On 18 Mar 2016, at 17:10, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote: A
>> first step for this would be to use the HTML validator. It's not
>> constraining enough, but it would certainly already catch issues.
>> The only problem with that is that it only supports RDFa Lite,
>> whereas SH uses a little bit of RDFa Full. Ideally, I'd like to get
>> rid of that and rely only on Lite — input on achieving this
>> welcome.
>
> @darobin, can you point out which are the features that are not RDFa
> Lite? I am happy to look at it (though I cannot promise that
> something can be found)

There is at least one case in which we use @about (for roleAffiliation).
I think we could probably use @resource instead.

When more information is available than ought to be *shown* (but it
still should be shared), we recommend meta@content. We could use spans
with CSS display: none but that's a bit dodgy, or we could have JSON-LD
islands (but that gets verbose and increasingly weird).

We also use @datatype to mark how precise dates are (it is common to
only have a year). I guess that could be skipped since it's easily
inferred from content. But we also use it to mark content as rdf:HTML —
removing that capability would be more problematic.

Actually, writing all this down I think it would be simpler to fix the
HTML validator :)

--
• Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/ - @robinberjon
• http://science.ai/ — intelligent science publishing