Re: Early draft is up

Excellent!

For the record I am currently working on converting JATS-XML into
ScholarlyHTML. This is the primary resource that we use for mining science.
At present it's just XHTML which is well formed and with some degree of
normalization, but there is some variation in the publishers' markup.

Do we plan to have a validator for ScholarlyHTML?

Anyway I'll let you know how we get on and feed early drafts of converted
SHTML - which will almost certainly have serious errors...

There are over 1 million documents to practice on!

P.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 9:04 PM, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> after a period of dormancy (it turns out that actually implementing
> stuff is work), Tzviya and I sat down this week to put together an early
> draft of the spec. You can see it up at:
>
>     http://w3c.github.io/scholarly-html/
>
> When I say early I do mean it. A lot of the concepts are likely there,
> but many things are still missing from the more trivial (nicer CSS) to
> more complex. The spec might need some restructuring in places we're
> still thinking about that.
>
> But hopefully there is enough meat that we can use this as a starting
> point for discussion. The GitHub issues are open, there's this list, we
> take PRs, etc.
>
> We hope you'll enjoy it!
>
> --
> • Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/ - @robinberjon