Re: NVDL in SVG Tiny 1.2

From: MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:19:12 +0900
To: public-schemata-users@w3.org

> Doesn't the rule
> <anyNamespace match='elements attributes'>
>            <mode>
>              <anyNamespace>
>                <allow/>
>              </anyNamespace>
>            </mode>
> </anyNamespace
> encompass the rules about xml, xlink and xml-events attributes? It would
> be different if there was a schema for these attributes, I guess.

<anyNamespace> matches those URIs which are NOT explicitly specified.

The <namespace> elements for xml, xlink, and xml-event
attributes specify the <attach> action.  This implies that these
attributes must be explicitly specified in the Tiny-1.2.rng schema.

If you omit the <namespace> elements for xml, xlink, and xml-event
attributes, then <anyNamespace> will be used.  This means attributes
in these namespace are allowed *without* validation.  For example,

	xml:thisAttributeShouldNotBeAllowed =""

will be allowed.

Cheers,

Makoto