Re: SDTT required attributes - who decides ?

Hi,

The requirements for certain Types and Properties in the Structured Data
Testing Tool of Google are defined by Google themselves based on the
requirements of their applications and use-cases (e.g. rich snippets in
search results, actions within emails).

You can learn more about Google Guidelines for certain Types here:

https://developers.google.com/search/docs/guides/sd-policies

https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/article#type_definitions

https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/article#type_definitions

https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/article#type_definitions