Re: Schema.org v3.6 release candidate for review (target: 2019-05-01)

On Tue, 23 Apr 2019, 10:20 Gray, Alasdair J G, <A.J.G.Gray@hw.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> With the new monthly release process, when do terms get moved from pending
> to the main vocabulary?

We generally will move things to the core when there is some evidence of
usage by a consuming application. The more modest and uncomplicated the
addition, the less this is critical.

> For example, the variableMeasured property has been in pending since
> November 2016. Are there any plans for this to move to the core?
> https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/1425

In this specific case, which touches on the relationship between
Schema.org's Dataset model and W3C DCAT (from which it was derived), I
would not rush it into main just yet. W3C is still finishing updates to the
next version of DCAT. There are also related designs around Data Cube as
well as the efforts at http://datacommons.org/, as well as the associated
property https://schema.org/measurementTechnique ... i.e. lots going on in
this space, so I would prefer we wait to see what people actually implement
against.

Dan