Re: How to express a Person's height

Hi Jarno, all,

the range of the height property is Distance or QuantitativeValue which
means that you can also add an array of Distances or QuantitativeValues
- for example to express the same value in different units (see example
below). What imho does not work is to understand the elements of the
array as terms of a sum. This behaviour is not in the implicit semantics
of the array and would require explicit knowledge about it.

Example: height in feet and centimeters

{
"@context": "http://schema.org",
"@type": "Person",
"name": "Jarno",
"height": [
  {"@type": "QuantitativeValue",
  "value": "5.7",
  "unitCode": "FOT"},
  {"@type": "QuantitativeValue",
  "value": "181",
  "unitCode": "CM"}
]
}

Cheers, E.

Am 18.06.2019 um 07:59 schrieb Cox, Simon (L&W, Clayton):
> The structured representation of a quantity (e.g. ft/in, DD-MM-YYYY) is important for human users/display, but a simple scaled representation (inches, days, seconds) is better for transport/loading. It would normally be recommended to convert to the structured representation only when building a UI.

Elias Kärle, MSc
Semantic Technology Institute
University of Innsbruck

ICT - Technologie Park Innsbruck