Re: Talent marketplace signaling and schema.org JobPostings

On 26/02/2019 15:46, Dan Brickley wrote:

> Thanks for keeping us posted, Phil. Could you clarify a little on the
> expected relationship between JDX (seemingly a US-oriented effort),
> the TalentSignal CG, and initiatives from elsewhere in the world.
> Should non-US experts (e.g. things like ESCO,
> https://ec.europa.eu/esco/portal/home) liaise directly with JDX or is
> the expectation to use the new W3C forum for those interactions? Is
> the TalentSignal CG itself internationally oriented or focussed on the US?

Yes, you're right that the JDX work is US based, though I would
emphasise that the people involved try not to be exclusively US centric.
The hope is that the W3C Talent Signal group will widen the group of
people involved, and that non-US organisations will join. Whether they
should liaise directly with JDX as well would depend on to what degree
they wanted a bilateral arrangement compared to a wider common framework.

> http://www.pesc.org/home.html and https://hropenstandards.org/ and
> many of the other stakeholders around JDX naturally take a more global
> perspective so I don't want to over-state the issue, but it would be
> good to understand your approach. It would be also be particularly
> good to have explicit engagement with any parties *consuming*
> JobPosting markup, as well as those publishing it...

Agreed!

Phil

--

Phil Barker <http://people.pjjk.net/phil>. http://people.pjjk.net/phil
CETIS LLP <https://www.cetis.org.uk>: a cooperative consultancy for

CETIS is a co-operative limited liability partnership, registered in
England number OC399090
PJJK Limited is registered in Scotland as a private limited company,
number SC569282.