Re: LocalBusiness schema and phone repair shops

Hi Erica:

You do not need to model the type of products and services by the schema.org type for your business. Rather, use the more abstract, matching type (e.g. Local Business) and then

- add a meaningful name and description text and
- use schema:Offer to describe the range of products and services; this need not to be individual ones (like "iPhone Repair"), but can also be one offer for each main branch of product or service ("Cellphone Repair").

The approach of modeling the range of offers by a taxonomy of businesses is very limited and fits only very standard businesses. Otherwise we would need an abundance of types ("GroceryShopThatAlsoSellsCellphones" etc.)

Best wishes
Martin Hepp

martin hepp  http://www.heppnetz.de
mhepp@computer.org          @mfhepp